Showing all 15 results
Pool Fencing Basics
While regulations might exhibit minor variations across different states, the overarching purpose of all pool fencing regulations is to prevent unsupervised access of small children to swimming pools. The fundamental guidelines for pool fencing encompass the following:
- The fence’s height must be a minimum of 1.2 meters when measured from the exterior side of the fence.
- Boundary fences should stand at a minimum height of 1.8 meters.
- The fencing material must possess durability, capable of resisting breakage.
- Gaps within the fencing should be of a size that prevents children from fitting through.
- The clearance between the fence’s base and the ground must not exceed 100mm.
- The design of the fence should eliminate opportunities for children to climb over.
- Pool gates are required to be self-latching and self-closing, effectively deterring children from entering the pool area.
- Latches on pool gates must be positioned inside the fence to prevent children from gaining access by opening the gate.
In essence, a pool fence must be constructed to effectively safeguard against the intrusion of small children into the pool enclosure. Your local pool fencing installer is a valuable resource for comprehensive information about the regulations pertinent to your locality. It’s worth noting that rules can even differ within the same state on occasion.
Pool Fencing Styles and Materials
Consider obtaining quotes from multiple suppliers and installers of pool fencing, as this is a prudent approach. Different suppliers may offer varying pool fencing styles and materials. This will enable you to compare pricing as well as the assortment of fence styles they can provide.
It is imperative that any chosen pool fencing is robust and adheres to the established Australian standards. Among the commonly favored materials are:
- Tubular steel
PVC is the most economical option, whereas glass ranks as the highest-priced material. If you have a preference for glass pool fencing, you might find the article “How Much Does Glass Pool Fencing Cost?” helpful in making an informed selection. If you’re uncertain, exploring a range of fencing alternatives beforehand is advisable. You might be pleasantly surprised by the elegance that even budget-friendly pool fencing can exude.
An effective cost-saving strategy involves blending different materials. For instance, you could opt for glass fencing in areas where your pool is visible from your patio, while selecting a more cost-effective material for less conspicuous areas. This amalgamation of materials would harmonize cohesively, resulting in substantial cost savings, potentially amounting to hundreds of dollars.